Blogging is a brilliant way to connect with the world. Its about telling everyone what you are about and making new connections with people. There are lots of people who run private blogs, whether its for recipes, fitness, book reviews or cat pictures (a personal favourite of mine) but blogging becomes truly amazing when used for business. It’s a brilliant and very cost-effective marketing tool and more and more people and businesses are using it to build their brand and connect with their target audience.
Blogging is SO fantastic for business and here are the main reasons why EVERY business, no matter how small, should start a blog and keep it up:
Your blog lets you connect with your target audience regularly and cheaply. You are reminding everyone, that you are open for business and that you are keen to show your products and services. Make sure that you write blog posts which interest your target audience and might help them to find out about topics that are relevant to them.
It establishes you as an expert in your field, builds your brand and builds trust with your target audience. So make sure you share lots of relevant content and expertise. Yes, you might give away your knowledge freely, but you are showing your target audience that you know what you are talking about. Its almost like giving away a small gift to entice people to try what you can offer. Think of the cheese counter in a supermarket, which lets you taste something. People are much more likely to buy if they have tried and tested before.
Blogging is SO fantastic for business because it adds content to your website, therefore the search engines will love you and rank you higher. Obviously you write about topics which are relevant to your business. Google and other search engines will crawl the content of your website more often if they notice that you post regularly. So, the more relevant content you put out, the more Google and other search engines will notice you, therefore rank you higher. Make sure you use relevant keywords in your article title, headings and within the content to optimise your post.
Every time you blog, you can remind your audience of the fantastic offers you have up your sleeve. Seeing that you are writing about topics which are relevant to your business and which your target audience is highly interested in, you might have products or services you can offer, which are directly linked to your post. So tell your audience about them, its a fantastic opportunity to let them know that you can help them. Blogging is so fantastic for business because your blog connects your audience with your expertise and products or services.
You can use your blog posts as fantastic content for your social media business pages as well as an e-newsletter to your existing database. Make the most of the work you have put in to write your article. Post it on all the different social media platforms, ie Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram and any other networks that might be important to your business. The brilliant thing about posting on those platforms is, that it will drive traffick to your website, because people will click on the link to read the article. You can even boost the posts and create some ads to maximise the results.
10 tips on how to run a successful blog
- Write posts at least weekly (more often if you can).
- Focus on writing about relevant topics which are connected to your business and will interest your target audience
- Include an image or a video in your post, it is visually more engaging, will help with your SEO ranking and also show up on social media and link back to your website
- Add an offer which is relevant to the post and will entice your target audience to buy
- Mix up the types of posts you write.
- Optimise for SEO by using relevant keywords throughout. If you are not sure, how to do this, then sign up to our mailing list and receive the guide on HOW TO RESEARCH EFFECTIVE KEYWORDS FOR SEO via email.
- Email it out as an e-newsletter to your existing database
- Share your posts on social media
- If you email it out to your database, include as many links as possible to your site and possibly other relevant websites in your post. Entice your target audience to click through so that they will end up on your website and start exploring what you can offer
- Create a blogging schedule and stick to it. We all forget sometimes… including me…
So give your customers, contacts, leads and prospects some fantastic posts to read and turn your blogging activity into a well oiled marketing exercise. Do not expect results over night, but in the long term you and your business will reap rewards in the form of increased awareness and sales.
LET US HELP YOU TO KICKSTART YOUR BLOG
Are you ready to start blogging, but not sure where to start? Email us to find out about how to start a blog, add a blog to your website or to discuss ways to make your website or blog more effective as a marketing tool.
Ready to blog? Contact me NOW!!
Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org